- This event has passed.
Strengthening Families Month
April 1, 2018 - April 30, 2018
April is Strengthening Families Month!
During the month of April, organizations throughout Montana will join together to focus on strengthening families, keeping children safe and making communities strong. The color blue and blue pinwheels have become symbols of Strengthening Families Month. You will see Blue Pinwheels for Prevention throughout our community representing hope, health and safety for children.
Explorers Academy will have the following events in April as part of Strengthening Families Month:
- Explorers Academy will display 404 pinwheels, one for each child in our program, all month. There will be pinwheels at each site.
- Governor Bullock has declared Mondays in April “Go Blue Mondays” to spread awareness of child abuse prevention and Strengthening Families Month.
- Each site will have a board for staff and EA families to display pictures of their families with messages about what makes their family strong (“My family is strong because….”)
- These pictures and messages will be shared on social media throughout the month (we will ask permission before sharing any photos or information)
- We will share promotional videos about Explorers Academy children and families each week in April. Be sure to like our Facebook page and feel free to share our posts!
- Wednesday April 18th will be Parent Appreciation Day. Parents will be invited to stop in at any site to receive goodies and be showered with thanks
- Thursday April 26th will be Explorers Academy’s Spring Fling Dance at Terry Park. All families are invited. More information to come!
For more information on Strengthening Families Month and Pinwheels for Prevention visit Montana Children’s Trust Fund.
To follow us on Facebook go to https://www.facebook.com/billingsheadstart/