Our Mission, Vision, and Values
Explorers Academy provides comprehensive services for young children and their families to achieve school readiness and lifelong success.
Encourage, Empower, and Educate All Children.
Children First: In everything we do, we put the needs of children first. Our commitment, above all, is to keep children safe and give them a stable and supportive learning environment where they feel welcome, important, and loved.
Respect: Through our words and actions, we demonstrate respect to our students, families, and colleagues. We welcome and actively seek out parent input in our program because we respect parents as their child’s first and most important teacher.
Positivity: We believe in our students, our families, our colleagues, and our community. We assume the best of people, knowing that every person has his or her own challenges in life. We are confident that when we do our best work, we can have a real and lasting impact.
Empathy: We strive every day to understand the challenges our families face, while still supporting family progress. We see ourselves in the families we serve, recognizing the common obstacles and struggles we all face in working and raising a family.
Competence: We are well-trained and dedicated to ensuring all our children are prepared to enter elementary school. We are committed to creating a positive learning environment where students and adults alike are encouraged to be innovative, creative, and inquisitive.
The purpose of the Explorers Academy program is to increase the capacity of eligible children to succeed in school by promoting an inclusive community that…
- Enhances their overall development
- Equalizes opportunities
- Strengthens parent-child relationships
- Supports and empowers parents to achieve their identified goals
We accomplish our mission by…
- Embracing diversity
- Honoring individual differences
- Using best practices
- Seeking to learn and innovate
- Promoting healthy life habits
- Parents are primary teachers.
- Respect for the individual is fundamental.
- The strengths of children and families should be recognized and honored.
- Optimal child development occurs when children have access to good nutrition and quality health and dental care.
Families thrive when they are supported and encouraged to reach their goals.